Friday, July 29, 2016

motivation(n) /məʊtɪˈveɪʃ(ə)n/

As I am moving on with my coding work I want to get back to the core of my motivation. In an earlier post, I have mentioned the famous initiative Computer Science for all and how Obama encouraged young people to code by saying "Don't just play on your phone- program it". I may not be that ambitious but certainly I have my reasons and own motivation to jump into this world.

First of all, there is nothing like a good challenge. I have always been one of those romantics trying to revitalize the Renaissance-man (WOMAN) idea, that's the very reason behind my constant urge to learn something, to have an idea about something. The fact that I earn my living by teaching does not ease the situation but multiply it as then comes the "I need to be a role model" thing, more than that I have always had a great respect for my teachers who had great wisdom and intellectual capacity (obviously) and I like having the same effect on my students (It had made great sense to me when I learned about the concept "expert authority").

I must admit that another reason that triggers me into coding is fear or let's say anxiety. The anxiety that I will fall behind the present. The anxiety that I will not be able to speak the same language with my students (also my boyfriend).

If I manage to combine my present skills and expertise with coding and finally be able to create something that would be a fortunate stroke of serendipity but not something I am aiming for at this very moment. An alternative career expectation; therefore, is out of the picture (but you never know).

So, what I mean by all this is that the essence of my motivation is primarily the pure hunger for knowledge and curiosity. Let's see if I will be able to make something more out of it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your own experience!