Thursday, July 28, 2016

Computer Science for all? Even for me?

I was pretty inspired when I heard Barack Obama announced the new initiative "Computer Science for all" (in case you are like "what the hell is she talking about" here is the link with details of the programme: https://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2016/01/30/computer-science-all). I should mention here that I am not an American citizen and actually I live quite far from the continent and I am aware that in a country where we could not manage our kids to learn English as a second languages despite the long years of education (which seem so ideal but not working anyhow) it is pretty impossible to implement such a programme. However, I have to admit that I really admire the mindset.
As a graduate of Humanities with a Literature major, I have to say that I am very (REALLYYY) far from computer science; nevertheless, the idea of learning coding did excite me very much.
I was like "if kids are going to learn this stuff in public schools, I can learn it too!"
So my journey begins.

For a very inspiring Ted Talk on the matter: http://www.ted.com/talks/mitch_resnick_let_s_teach_kids_to_code

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your own experience!